Jharkhand Election Results for the year 2009 is here. So see the distribution of seats.
As per the latest trends available from 31 counting centres, Congress and its allies were leading in 25 seats, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its allies in 21, JMM in 18 and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) in 7.
There are 81 MLA seats that went for polls and the fate of 1489 candidates is sealed in the ballot box.
S Bhattacharya, JMM general secretary, said,“We will make Guruji (JMM supremo Shibu Soren) our chief minister. We can go with any group which ties with us on our terms.”
“Soren is the only person who knows Jharkhand,” he said.
The Congress on the other hand said it is looking for a coalition government.
“I am hopeful a settlement will emerge,” said Jharkhand leader and union minister Subodh Kant Sahay. Information from sify.
Congress was left egg-faced in the state over the issue of corruption after its Chief Minister Madhu Koda was arrested by the state Vigilance Commission in a multi-crore hawala scam.
Counting of votes began in the morning under a cloak of security after the Maoist violence afflicted state went to a five-phased election staggered over nearly a month from Nov 25 to Dec 18.
Madhu Koda’s wife, Geeta Koda won the assembly elections from Jagganthpur constituency.Number of View :2180
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Oneness TamilNadu Youth Mahadeeksha – II
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Passes Away, Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi, News, Updates
- CA Results Nov 2010 – 2011 – ICAI Results at www.caresults.nic.in