Support a vote for your favorite CNN hero 2010.
- Guadalupe Arizpe De La Vega opened a hospital in Juarez, Mexico, 30 years ago.
- With violence plaguing the streets of Juarez, the hospital is more important now than ever.
- De La Vega’s nonprofit organization ensures people are treated even if they can’t pay.
- De La Vega, 74, lives in El Paso, Texas, but still travels to Juarez several times a week.
De La Vega, who is married to a prominent businessman from Juarez, lived there for decades, but the escalating violence, murder, crime and corruption recently forced her to move to El Paso. She says the tipping point came when her family was threatened.
She became an advocate for maternal and infant health in the early 1970s after reading a newspaper article about an impoverished mother of nine, pregnant with her 10th child, who tried to kill her fetus by stabbing herself in the stomach.
Add your notes to support Guadalupe Arizpe De La Vega as CNN top Hero..
Possibly Related Posts:
- CA Results Nov 2010 – 2011 – ICAI Results at www.caresults.nic.in
- Wikileaks Singapore Wikileaks Lee Kuan Yew Cablegate Read Online Wikileaks malaysia
- 新堂本兄弟 ｍｉｗａ Youtube Video バラエティ動画倉庫 Miwa Wiki Online Latest Sony Records
- China Bunny Crushing Videos Photos kub.com China as a “flesh search
- KATE Wiki Biagophary Photos Images Videos Of NEXT DIANA FROM BRITAIN: “KATE MIDDLETON”