Cyclone phyan, Cyclone news, ndtv, aaj tak, phyan, Cyclone in Mumbai, Cyclones in India
Cyclone Phyan has touched the land but has bypassed Mumbai and is said to be losing its intensity. Mumbai and its neighbouring areas are still on alert until the cyclone weakens further.The cyclone is expected to pass about 100 km from the city between Alibaug and Mumbai.
The seventh and final one-day international between Australia and India at Mumbai has to be cancelled because of the cyclone in the Arabian Sea.
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has adviced the Konkan region to be on alert for the next 12 hours. High winds and heavy rains are still forecasted for the city. Fishermen are still adviced to refrain from venturing into the seas fro the next 12 hours.
The cyclone alert in Gujarat meanwhile has been lowered to a warning and will be removed once there is an evident weakening of the cyclone. According to the MET department, although the cyclone is said to be fizzling out the coastline will remain on alert until further weakening in the cyclonic weather conditions.
Mumbai’s Municipal corporation, issued an advisory for the closure of schools, colleges and city offices earlier today. The downpour meanwhile continues in Mumbai and the city is expected to witness heavy rains with a ‘cyclone alert’ sounded for South Gujarat and North Maharashtra coast.
World champion Australia clinched the seven-match series on Sunday in Guwahati by taking a 4-2 lead with a six-wicket win.Number of View :1273
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Oneness TamilNadu Youth Mahadeeksha – II
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Passes Away, Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi, News, Updates
- CA Results Nov 2010 – 2011 – ICAI Results at www.caresults.nic.in