Houston city faces heat, hurricanes and other natural disasters very frequently. Houston ,the country’s fourth populated city has always been vulnerable to hurricanes and severe weather.
A solution to this severe weather of Houston city is to cover it by a geodesic dome. Such a dome may protect the city from such an acute environmental conditions.
Imagine a huge dome covering the city, higher to the skyscrapers of the city.
Watch on Discovery channel in mega builders, how your imagination can work out.
Geodesic dome area will stretch over 21 Million square feet, making it the biggest structure with the largest roof in the world.
Houston Dome’s broadest panels will be 15 feet across. It will take 147,000 panels to cover the city of Houston. Glass will not work for Houston Dome. It will be so heavy that it can’t hold. Houston Dome will require a much lighter material. It may come from the German city of Bremen, from a factory of Vector Foil Company.
Vector Foil is light polymer and is the future of glass. Its called ETFE , the only material that will make a fuller city-size dome possible.
ETFE can withstand winds of 180 miles per hour. This is higher velocity than the strongest category 5 hurricane.
Houston Dome will take years of construction and billions of dollars.
But the biggest question is will Houstan city ever see rainfall, and is it possible to sustain life without rain????
Number of View :1677
Possibly Related Posts:
- Coupon Codes Toys R Us Black Friday 2010 Free Sales Online
- Black Friday Apple iPad, iPod Touch iPhone Best Buy Deals Online Target Sears Walmart Menards Best Buy List Here
- Watch Macy s Parade Online NBC Tv Youtube Video Thanksgiving Day 2010 Parade Route Time
- Thanksgiving Short Quotes Sayings SMS Greetings And Poems Messages
- How Long To Cook Turkey Video Turkey Gravy Cooking Times Per Pound Butterball Turkey VIDEO