The article talks about a company called Intellectual Ventures which aim to generate new ideas, patent them, and license the patents to other companies. Unlike other companies that work based on existing ideas, this company works to create ideas. And how is the result? Each year the company files five hundred patents. That’s more than one patent a day!
The conclusion of the article is that big ideas are not rare. It’s just we don’t know how to find them. If we do, we will never experience scarcity of ideas. In fact, there will be so many ideas that we will have hard time choosing and prioritizing them.
1. Look hard for ideas
People weren’t finding dinosaur bones, and they assumed that it was because they were rare. But—and almost everything that Myhrvold has been up to during the past half decade follows from this fact—it was our fault. We didn’t look hard enough.
This lesson resonates with me. I do look for ideas, but I don’t look hard enough. It’s easy to expect big ideas to come with only moderate effort, but that is unlikely to happen.
read on complete article here..
clipped from www.lifeoptimizer.org
Possibly Related Posts:
- Vardhaman College Of Engineering Shamshabad | www.vardhaman.org | Vardhaman College of Engineering Off Campus Placement 2011
- Latest News WBZ school | WBZ closings | WBZ list of school closings|WBZ School Closings in Boston|CIBS
- Watch Chellame Jan 4 Latest Story Written Updates You Tube Online
- New Year Wish Sanskrit Songs Calendar 2011
- Vijay Film Kavalaan Shooting Spot Audio Release Dec15 Movie Release You Tube Online