Today’s Tech Tip is about How to Access Registry when dis-abled by Virus/Spyware?
Well before we start see What is Windows Registry?
The Windows Registry is a database that stores settings and options for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It contains information and settings for hardware, operating system software, most non-operating system software, and per-user settings. The registry also provides a window into the operation of the kernel, exposing runtime information such as performance counters and currently active hardware.
A useful tip on how to enable the registry if it is blocked/dis-abled by the virus/spyware.
Most of the virus now a days will attack your registry first since its not possible for us to goto registry and delete the files registered by the virus/spy ware. So we all tend to re-format the whole system and go for a fresh install. But there is a small option in the Windows XP where you can able to re-enable it even though it is dis-abled by the virus,
Here are simple steps to enable the registry
- Go to Windows > Run > gpEdit.msc
- Go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Prevent Access to Registry Editing Tools.
- Disable it.
You should be able to open regedit now.
Now days there are some software like registry AidÂ and Registry Doctor where it will automatically remove or clear the registry related problems.Number of View :2660
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Download Glee Season 2 Episode 10 A Very Glee Christmas S02E10 MegaUpload Hotfile Rapidshare Fileserve Links Online
- How To Jailbreak Apple Gadget With iOS 4.2.1 Greenpoison Usage Pwnage Tool blog.iphone-dev
- TNOU January 2011 Exam Time Table Online For MCA / PGDCA MBA M.Phil. And Other Programmes