The Times of India ‘A Day in the Life of Chennai’ ad has won India its first Gold Lions in the film category. On Saturday, when the jury gave a unanimous verdict, the ‘Naaka Mukka’ campaign made history winning two Gold Lions. And with that, JWT India has wrapped up its total of three Gold Lions. This win has taken India’s tally to 25 medals compared with 23 in 2008.
The ad film, created for the launch of TOI’s Chennai edition, delves into the life of a cut-out character in the city – starting out as an action hero, becoming a political hero and ending as a zero.
The Films Lions, Titanium and Integrated awards ceremony will see an invigorated Indian contingent with Indian agencies having outdone everyone’s expectations. With a little help from ‘Naaka Mukka,’ of course. So what’s the story behind the words, ‘Naaka Mukka,’ literally meaning ‘tongue-nose’? “It represents the taste and smell of Chennai and is a Tamil folk expression urging people to let their hair down and dance like it’s your last,” said Senthil.
More details at : TimeofIndia
TOI wins India its first Gold Film Lions at Cannes
Possibly Related Posts:
- MPBSE Supplementary Results Online
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Bangladesh Education Board Hsc Result 2011 Dhaka Comilla Chittagong Sylhet Madrasah board
- Bangladesh www.bteb.gov.bd Polytechnic Institute Admission Test Results 2011 Update List Online