Unique Identification Authority of India – UIDAI
Unique Identification Authority of India
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) (Hindi: भारतीय विशिष्ट पहचान प्राधिकरण), is an agency of the Government of India responsible for implementing the envisioned Multipurpose National Identity Card or Unique Identification card (UID Card) project in India.
The agency is headed by a chairman, holds a cabinet rank. The UIDAI is part of the Planning Commission of India. Nandan Nilekani, a former co-chairman of Infosys Technologies, was appointed as the first Chairman of the authority in June 2009.
UIDAI launched AADHAAR program in the tribal village, Tembhli, in Nandurbar, Maharashtra on 29th September, 2010. The program was inaguated by Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh along with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
- Aadhaar (the UID number) is not mandatory. People can choose not to be a part of the exercise.
- It is not restricted to Indian citizens only and is meant for residents of India, irrespective of their citizenship. An Aadhaar card does not establish citizenship of India, it is meant for identification.
- Even people without proper identification documents can apply for Aadhaar. Authorized individuals, who already have an Aadhaar, can introduce residents who don’t possess any documents to establish their identity to enable them to receive their Aadhaar.
- Aadhar will not replace other identification documents such as ration card or passport.
- The UIDAI will collect only biometric and demographic information about an individual and will not ask for info on caste, religion or language.
AADHAAR is a Multipurpose National Identity Card (MNIC) project is an initiative of the Indian government.Number of View :11642
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Oneness TamilNadu Youth Mahadeeksha – II
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Passes Away, Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi, News, Updates
- www.cbse.nic.in CBSE Exam Date Sheet 2011 Online CBSE Exam Schedule 10th 12th Exam Results