I great news before independence day, Shining India, yet another feather by Indian claims to solve P Verus Np problem. What is P versus NP problem?
P versus NP problem is a amongst Millennium Prize Problems, yes A correct solution to any of the problems(By 2010 6 problems are unsolved) results in a US$1,000,000 prize (sometimes called a Millennium Prize) being awarded by the institute.
Any claims to solve P versus NP problem by 2010?
Vinay Deolalikar is an Indian computer scientist and a Principal Research Scientist at the HP Labs, working in the Storage and Information Management Platforms Lab. On August 6th 2010, Vinay sent a manuscript to various leading researchers claiming to contain a proof that P≠NP, a Clay Mathematics Institute Millennium Prize Problem and one of the most important open problems in mathematics and computer science.
Biography at HP Labs
Aaronson later stated that some journalists had missed the point of his post, and wrote: “let me now state the point as clearly as I can. The point is this: I really, really doubt that Deolalikar’s proof will stand.
The P versus NP problem is a major unsolved problem in computer science. Informally, it asks whether every problem with a yes-or-no answer whose solution can be efficiently checked by a computer can also be efficiently solved by a computer.
Deolalikar holds an Electrical Engineering degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He has claimed that he could solve the problem but, it is yet to be confirmed by other researchers that whether he could actually provide the correct solution.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Oneness TamilNadu Youth Mahadeeksha – II
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Passes Away, Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi, News, Updates
- www.cbse.nic.in CBSE Exam Date Sheet 2011 Online CBSE Exam Schedule 10th 12th Exam Results