Support a vote for your favorite CNN hero 2010.
Narayanan Krishnan Work Highlights
- Narayanan Krishnan has served more than 1.2 million meals to India’s homeless, destitute.
- He founded nonprofit trust after seeing homeless man eating “his own human waste”.
- Krishnan had been a young, award-winning chef bound for five-star hotel group.
Narayanan Krishnan (born 1981) is an Indian chef turned social worker. He started supplying meals to the homeless in Madhurai, Tamil Nadu.
Krishnan founded his nonprofit Akshaya Trust in 2003. Now 29, he has served more than 1.2 million meals — breakfast, lunch and dinner — to India’s homeless and destitute, mostly elderly people abandoned by their families and often abused.
The group’s operations cost about $327 a day, but sponsored donations only cover 22 days a month. Krishnan subsidizes the shortfall with $88 he receives in monthly rent from a home his grandfather gave him.
Add your notes to support Narayanan Krishnan as CNN top Hero..Number of View :2997
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Oneness TamilNadu Youth Mahadeeksha – II
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Passes Away, Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi, News, Updates
- www.cbse.nic.in CBSE Exam Date Sheet 2011 Online CBSE Exam Schedule 10th 12th Exam Results