Tech Mahindra, a joint venture between British Telecom and the Indian conglomerate Mahindra & Mahindra, stands to win control of Satyam Computer Services after a bid that values the fraud-damaged company at $1.2 billion.
Tech Mahindra was the highest bidder for Satyam, with a 58 rupee, or $1.16, per share bid, for 31 percent of the company, Satyam said Monday. The offer beats a bid from the Indian engineering firm Larsen & Toubro, which already owns a 12 percent stake in Satyam.
Satyam was one of India’s largest information technology companies, with more than 50,000 employees and a market capitalization of over $7 billion, before one of the company’s founders said in January he had faked about $1 billion in cash and inflated the company’s operating margins.
Tech Mahindra would pay Rs 1,900 cr within the next four days for the 31 per cent stake in Satyam and Satyam would operate as a special purpose vehicle until Tech Mahindra raises its stake to 51%.Spice Corp, IBM and iGate were among those confirmed names that dropped out of the race after showing an interest in the company.
satyam, satyam news, satyam tech mahindra, satyam bid, satyam shareNumber of View :1141
Possibly Related Posts:
- Hello World!! Yet Again :-)
- Tips To Save Time During Document Verification At Bishop Kalyani Nagar School
- Bishop School 2012-2013 Admissions Online Forms Fees Selection Results Age Limit For Nursery Co-Ed School KalyaniNagar Undri Camp
- Oneness TamilNadu Youth Mahadeeksha – II
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Passes Away, Pandit Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi, News, Updates